Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Living Simply Not Simply Living

I have been on a quest, a learning adventure for about three years now.  What does it mean to live simply?

I can now tell you there is not a simple answer to that question.  You see, each person who reads this blog is different, we all have different passions, desires and interests in life.  What seems simple to me may not be simple to you.

In my three year journey I have learned that in order to simplify I must understand who I am.  How do I work best and what will work for my family.

I have read many books, blogs and articles on this subject.  Simply reading does get the simplifying job done but it does help me to understand who I am.

My reason for writing this blog is two fold. 

1.  Writing helps me to process and simplifying for me is something I must process.

2.  I have had friends express interest in knowing what I am learning on this journey so this will allow me to share with them while I process.

Let me just say:  Living simply is not simply living.  When we simplify our lives we actually enrich them, it is not a boring life, it is not a depraved life.  It is a rich fulfilling life with room for family, friends, hobbies etc...

So until next time, strive onto simplicity.

No comments:

Post a Comment